Sunday, May 07, 2006

That being said, I definitely will vote for the opposition if a) the government isn't doing a good job and b) the opposition for that particular place is better than the candidates fielded by the PAP. You gotta have both conditions.
Don't you think that the government certainly HAS made our country progress so much in the last 40 years? People may say we're a nanny state, spooned fed, no political freedom blah blah but honestly, if we're made to walk on our own, how many of us will stumble and fall and then complain our government isn't taking care of us?
I just wonder if people really appreciate what they have. I wonder how many people voted for the opposition because they were safe in the knowledge that the PAP would win and 'let's vote for the opposition just for the heck of it'. Freak accidents happen you know. That's why they're called freak accidents.
Potong Pasir, Hougang... They have competent opposition members in charge. I live in Hougang I ought to know. I certainly didn't mind them winning. I only wished PM Lee had won by a bigger margin. He's one charismatic guy. Listening to him in person is way better than on TV.
I have a few suggestions for Mr. Low Thia Khiang.
1. Make the bus service 112 more frequent. I can wait half an hour for that bus and since it's the only bus at that bus stop outside my house...
2. Clean the canal again. There are some days when the bad eggs smell thanks to the sewage stuck at the bottom can be smelt at my lift lobby. There is quite a wide road separating the canal from my condo so can you imagine how smelly it is if you stand at the edge of the canal? People jog near the canal. It would be more enjoyable if maybe I could breathe when running.
3. Change the 3 tiles walk way to a pure concrete one. There's this path through a field that they decided to help pave. With square like tiles instead of a conrete walkway. Thank you because when it rains and I accidentally step on a loose tile, muddy water splashes onto my toesies. Thanks to water gathering underneath. Like gross.
I guess after all this hype of elections has died down, I just want people to remember to vote with their hearts and their minds and be an intelligent voter in the GEs to come. No matter what party wins what seat, it's important now for the government to work together for the interests of the country and its people.
Enough of this.
I shall talk about football.
AIYO MAN UNITED HAS MADE IT 2-0 CHARLTON IN LIKE LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR. And Newcastle V Chelsea still 0-0. Terry and Lamps and Drogba and Crespo aren't playing though. Go Chelsea! This is the last game of the season before I'm reduced to watching the DVD of your 04/05 season over and over again before World Cup starts! Boohoo.